Friday, April 17, 2009

Chipotle

I first discovered the magic that is Chipotle in Ohio several years back. It had been a long time before I could experience it again. They had made their move into the New York area, but only settling in the city. I never had any reason to venture into the city and seek out one of these behemoth burritos, so a few years passed without my lips tasting such succulent filled tortilla. Now I know this post doesn't truly pertain to travel but I feel it is necessary to share with the world my endearment for such an amazing epicurean experience as the Chipotle burrito.
As in a previous post, this story begins in the suburbs of Cincinnati, Ohio. I was visiting my friend and he suggested we try this new burrito place, Chipotle. I, always up for a Mexican food experience kindly obliged. As I adjusted to their subway like ordering style, my mouth began to water at the anticipation of flavor and deliciousness. The first bite remains ingrained in my memory for all of eternity and it created an addiction that still survives to this day. Let it be known that Chipotle was visited four more times that week and on each subsequent visit to Cincinnati. However, it was many years from my last visit to encountering Chipotle again. It finally returned to my life last summer in New York City and now that it has made its foray into the Long Island fast food market, it has visited me much more frequently as of late. A mere short distance from Tanger in Deer Park or the Walt Whitman Mall, Chipotle has become a necessary sidekick to shopping excursions. I cannot suggest you a specific type of burrito, but I can tell you that you wont be disappointed no matter what you order.

You can visit them on the web at www.chipotle.com to see their menu and locations. Here is a picture of their massive contraptions as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment