Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sonic Drive-In

For about ten years now we have all been subjugated to perhaps the best marketing maneuver and the biggest build-up in the history of commerce. In the New York metro area we have been bombarded with advertisements about a place of pure bliss when it comes to fast food for a long time. Each and every commercial delivers another wonderful aspect of the restaurants diverse and incredible menu. As one commercial after another appeared the desire to visit one of these fascinating establishments grew more and more in my heart and in my stomach. This must be said for my fellow New Yorkers as well. The place of desire that I'm referring to is of course Sonic Drive-In.





Finally after many years of anticipating the state's first Sonic opened in Kingston, NY on May 6, 2009. The wait and the advertising must have worked because when I visited it on May 11, the line for both the drive-in and the drive-thru was exceptionally long and the entire place was packed. They had people directing traffic! I can only hope that this leads to expansion onto Long Island based on this success.

As for the food. I went with two of my friends, Dr. Sex and T Money. Between the three of us we experience a comprehensive sampling of the menu, totaling 28 dollars in all.

This is what we ordered:
2 SuperSonic Burgers
2 Jr. Fritos Chili Cheese Wraps
1 Small Popcorn Chicken
1 Small Onion Rings
1 Large Onion Rings
2 Jr. Deluxe Burgers
1 Corn Dog
1 Pickle-O's
1 Blue Coconut Slush
1 Diet Dr. Pepper








IT WAS ALL AMAZING! I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK

Do yourself a favor if you are in the Mid-Hudson Valley and visit Sonic on 9W in Kingston or pray it comes to a town near you in New York. It will be worth your while.

1 comment:

  1. I have never experienced the Sonic. Sounds good, but what the hell are pickle o's?

    ReplyDelete